CERT is a training program that prepares you to help yourself, your family, and your neighbors in the event of a disaster. During an incident, emergency services personnel may not be able to reach everyone right away. By getting trained in CERT, you will have the skills to help emergency responders save lives and protect property.
The mission of the Rutland, MA Citizen Emergency Response Team (CERT) is to provide supplemental aid and assistance to the local Fire, Emergency Medical Services, and Police in times of disaster (manmade or natural). Furthermore, the Rutland CERT is dedicated to helping the people of the Town of Rutland and central Massachusetts through disaster preparedness education and outreach programs.
As a member of a CERT team, you can respond to disasters, participate in drills and exercises, and take additional training. CERT teams are known and trusted resources that support emergency responders and their communities.
The Rutland CERT members are trained to perform the following operations and duties:
- Light Search and Rescue
- Fire extinguishment in the incipient phases only
- Triage of trauma victims
- Set up and staff Rest & Recovery areas for Emergency Workers
- Provide basic first aid for public events
- Help set up and staff emergency shelters
- Help set up and staff a spontaneous volunteer intake center
- Provide support at an incident site and at Emergency Operations Center
If you are interested in joining the Rutland, MA CERT, please email with your contact details to: email@example.com
Website: Rutland Fire Department
FaceBook: Rutland CERT
Twitter: Rutland CERT Twitter